Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Are we there yet?

My journey to Sierra Leone will force me to grow, to find my roots and to test my own mental and physical boundaries.

Before all that, I have to go through airports in New York, Morocco and Liberia including an 8 hour layover in JFK terminal. Luckily I have Jordan with me, but airport chairs don't make the most comfortable of beds. Regardless I'm excited for what these next five weeks have in store for me. Stay posted.

Nigel

P.S.
Whenever someone travels to Sierra Leone the rest of the family asks them to carry stuff over for them...Mom, that chicken seasoning caused me so much trouble. TSA thought it was cocaine at first and so I had to go through a number of substance tests and then due to the bulky nature of the container, it took me 10 minutes to try to fit my carry-on into the overhead compartment. I ended up taking it out of my carry-on and just dealt with the stares as I put "Maggi, Chicken Flavor Bouillon" under my seat. Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment